Here is the video of the second part of our discussion about local journalism’s critical role in democracy. This panel discussion was held June 22.
The event, moderated by Karen Rundlet of the Knight Foundation, featured:
- Betsy Edwards, executive director of the Virginia Press Association
- Courtney Hurtt, program manager, NewsMatch at Institute for Nonprofit News
- Jiquanda Johnson, founder and editor of Flint Beat
- Alan Miller, founder and CEO of the News Literacy Project
- Christopher Tyree, executive director of the Virginia Center for Investigative Journalism
- Steve Waldman, president and co-founder of Report for America